Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Enjoying The Chicks

We are having so much fun with the new chicks that it ought to be illegal. We find that we have to tear ourselves away from them just to do basic functions, like eat and sleep! This is a terrible, terrible addiction and chicks should come with a warning label of some sort!

This cute little face belongs to Roseanna, Derek's favorite. Do not look directly into her eyes. She will steal your soul!

Too late!

We've split the chicks into two groups to venture outside: yellow chicks and black chicks. Today the black chicks got to go outside to play in the fresh, green grass; tomorrow the yellow chicks get to go.

Tomorrow is the third stage of my tree planting. I have to pick up 50 evergreens and one Arnold's Honeysuckle from the soil & water conservation district. I've got my rows marked so all I have to do is dig, plant and mulch. Should be fairly easy.

I just have to figure out how to tear myself away from the chicks long enough to get the job done!

4 comments:

  1. I love the picture, chicks are a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- I love your blog, Amy! This is great!
    I thought I'd pay you a visit and tell you I left a comment back to you about Hamburger... and now I'm having a ball at your place!
    I'm going to keep reading back to catch up on your older posts.
    Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment... it's great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Country Girl, chicks are a blast!

    Paula, thank you! I love your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you ever tell me you are bored I will call you a liar! Do you ever take a break, girl? Those chicks ARE too cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I may or may not be able to reply to comments depending on how busy I am.