Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy Anniversary Honey

Six years ago Jim and I were married. It was a simple wedding held in his parents' front yard with only family attending. His dad is a pastor, and we were his first wedding ceremony! It was a personal and intimate event with all the important people in our lives present.

We slept till noon today and when we woke up there was a card from Ian (Jim's 12 year old son) on the counter waiting for us. Inside was a sweet sentiment wishing us a happy anniversary and many more. The chickens gave us a gift too--two little eggs, one from Gertie and a second one from Sweetheart.

This is the second, and last, marriage for both of us. We've weathered some mighty storms, yet through them all we have always had each other's back. Nothing has been able to wreck this ship, not the ex, not the struggles, not the kids. We are a formidable team when we set out to accomplish our goals.

We didn't do anything out of the ordinary today, we just spent our day doing what we wanted to do. I cooked a nice meal for supper and Jim went swimming with Ian afterward. Derek played with his trains. Jim worked on some projects in the shop and I relaxed. Ahhh! How nice!

Ian asked if we were going to go anywhere for our anniversary and Jim said, "No, we're just going to spend our day where we're happy, at home." I truly am happiest at home. I yearn to be here when I'm at work. I look forward to everything home has to offer, including the work. I feel more satisfied now than I ever have at any other point in my life.

It's nice to know that I've got my childhood home and can share it with the man I love. I'm living my dream.

The picture above shows Rocky and Jim together. We haven't seen Rocky in over three weeks. He must have a family of his own now.

8 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! We just celebrated thirty-six years! My favorite word is home and home is my favorite place to be. It's my sanctuary.

    Another publish-worthy photo, Amy! Seriously, when are you going to submit some of these awesome pictures to a publication or two? Or write a book filled with your own photography?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!

    Your story sounds just right...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, you are too kind! I don't have any future book plans though.

    Don, it is just right! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!! That photo is the best. You could EASILY submit it to Hobby Farm Magazine on line. I'm sure it would make the magazine, maybe even the cover! It would be fun to surprise Jim with it if you got it published.
    Home is my favorite place to be too. Sounds like all those boys are lucky to have you!
    Great post as usual Amy. :) ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, thank you for your suggestion, I might do it. Also, thanks for your kind words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the picture! The look on Jim's face made me laugh out loud.
    Happy Anniversary to you both.
    My Jim and I were married 8 1/2 years ago and I can relate to every point you list below. Well, 'cept for living in the childhood home part. It's like you were kinda in my head. (Get out, would you?) :) There is a peacefulness and completeness (is that a word?) to this kind of connection that can't really be explained. Home IS where the heart is. Our home and our hearts. I feel very happy for you two. Congrats again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Danni, thank you! Yes, I'll try to stay outta your head from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary Amy. I wish you many long and happy years together! I'm glad you did what you liked the most. I hope you are well rested and rejuvenated.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I may or may not be able to reply to comments depending on how busy I am.