Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Frog Hunt




The post office didn't call to say my baby ducklings were ready to be picked up. We were all a little bummed out. Hopefully they'll arrive tomorrow morning. In the meantime, here's the chooks hunting a frog this evening. I can only imagine what was going through their little brains as they were taunted by a leopard frog just out of reach. If you listen closely, you can hear him teasing them.

"Ooooh! I hear a frog!"

"Where is it? Where is it?"

"I see it! There it is!"

"Awwww! I can't reach it! What do we do now?"

"Hey you girls, come over here and help us catch the frog!"

"Here we come! Where's the frog?"

"Right there! Can you get it?"

"Oh no! It's in the water. Where are the ducks? Maybe they can help."

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get your ducklings today! You will have a whole new source for pictures. Are the boys ready to share their pond with them when they are big enough? lol

    We usually have hundreds of tiny toads in our yard and I haven't seen very many at all this summer. I suppose the chooks are eating them, but I've not seen it. They're just the right size for a chicken mouthful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No duckies today either Susan. Hopefully they'll arrive Wed. morning. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I may or may not be able to reply to comments depending on how busy I am.