At night when I'm outside I can usually hear Screech Owls calling to each other. The air is very still at night, especially during the winter, and the sounds of owls calling travels easily through the cold, thin air. I always stop what I'm doing and just listen. The trilled owl calls always make me smile!
If you remember last winter we had a regular owl visitor whom we name Oscar. I don't know if this is the same owl. I'm just glad to see these little raptors living on the Twelve Acres. It means our mouse population is being controlled by natural means.
Joanna informed me that I have to list 6 things that make me happy.
- Being able to look out my windows and see nature in my own back yard.
- Having no neighbors and living in the country where it's quiet and peaceful.
- Owning my childhood home and having my son grow up here too.
- Cooking nutritious, delicious food from scratch, sometimes using eggs or meat from my own chickens.
- Owning a business that some day may support us completely, right here on our property.
- Living in a rural town and knowing that the people are good, decent people.